World Extreme Cagefighting MMA Fight Results
What a great night of fights for the WEC. Urijah Faber and Miguel Torres successfully defended their WEC title belts in two of the most exciting fights in recent memory. Winners in bold.
- Jens Pulver vs. Urijah Faber
- Yoshiro Maeda vs. Miguel Angel Torres
- Chuck Grigsby vs. Mark Munoz
- Kenneth Alexander vs. Rob McCullough
I put my money on my fellow Iowa boy Jens Pulver and he gave Urijah a great fight. Urijah definitely won the fight and is a true champion. That being said, I’d like to know what the judge that scored the bout 50-44 was thinking. I mean, come-on. I know it doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things, but which round did Pulver do nothing? And on top of that, all of Fabers illegal blows should have counted negatively in some way, but I guess the ref needs to call the fouls which included:
- 1 eye poke (stopped fight for 15 sec)
- 2 groin kicks (stopped fight on 1 groin kick for 30 sec)
- 2 elbows to the throat (not called)
- 5-7 punches to the back of the head and neck (not called)
I’m definitely looking forward to watching the tape of this fight. I may be sour because my guy lost, but I can’t stand it when illegal blows are not called. Not only does it hurt the integrity and credibility of the game, but it’s dangerous for the fighters.
Again congrats to the champs Faber and Torres and see ya next weekend when I bet on UFC 85. I’ll have to reload my bank roll and get some mma betting advice from the pros as I’m now 1-3 in my mma betting career. All 3 losses were bets on underdogs. Very interesting. That may be some data I need to look at further.