Overall a great night of fights. My post fight night awards for UFC 84:
- Kick A$$ Fight: Penn vs Sherk
- Kick A$$ Fighter: Penn
- Kick A$$ Knockout: Silva
- Kick A$$ Submission: Palhares
- Kick A$$ Ass: Edith
My UFC 84 fight prediction record: 5-4
My UFC 84 fight betting record 1-2
Starting MMA Betting Bankroll: $28.00
Ending MMA Betting Bankroll: $11.09
Bad first night of betting on mma for me. But I only lost $16.81, so I won’t be eating out of the dumpster anytime too soon hopefully. One thing for sure, I’ll be searching the net for mma betting advice over the next few weeks to try and increase my mma betting bankroll.
Fight 7: BJ Penn vs. Sean Sherk
- Penn, Unanimous Decision, 5, 5:00 (my prediction)
- Round 1: Penn 10-9 (my analysis)
- Round 2: Penn 10-9 (my analysis)
- Penn, TKO, 3, 4:00-4:59 (official results)
- My UFC 84 fight prediction record: 4-3
- My UFC 84 fight betting record 1-2
Good takedown defense and jabs from Penn. Nice counters from Sherk. Penn controlled the first round with crisp jabs and crosses. Sherk had some nice counters, but round 1 goes to BJ.
BJ’s boxing looks top notch tonight, but watch for more take-down attempts from Sherk in round 3.
Over! Excellent knee.
Fight 6: Ivan Salaverry vs. Rousimar Palhares
- Palhares, TKO, 2, 2:00-2:59 (my prediction)
- Palhares, Submission Arm Bar, 1, (official results)
- My UFC 84 fight prediction record: 3-3
Let’s see Rousimar is a newcomer, I’ve picked all newcomers to lose and all newcomers have won. I’m taking Palheres… he’s a newcomer from Brazil and 16-1. Sounds good to me.
UFC Ring girl Edith is hot!
Fight 5: Keith Jardine vs. Wanderlei Silva
- Jardine, TKO, 3, 3:00-3:59 (my prediction)
- Silva, TKO, 1, 4:00 – 4:59 (official results)
- My UFC 84 fight prediction record: 2-3
- My UFC 84 fight betting record 0-2
Jardine beat Liddell. Liddell beat Silva. Jardine beats Silva.
Not good to bet against Wanderlei.
Fight 4: Shane Carwin vs. Christian Wellisch
- Wellisch, TKO, 1, 2:00-2:59 (my prediction)
- Carwin, TKO, 1, 1:00-1:59 (official results)
- My UFC 84 fight prediction record: 2-2
Octagon jitters? Nope!
- BJ Penn lead in pre-fight poll down to 57%-43%
Fight 3: Wilson Gouveia vs. Goran Reljic
- Gouveia, TKO, 2, 2:00-2:59 (my prediction)
- Round 1: Reljic 10-9 (my analysis)
- Reljic, TKO, 2, (1:00-1:59) (official results)
- My UFC 84 fight prediction record: 2-1
I don’t know a lot about Reljic, but he’s undefeated and he looks tough. I’m taking Gouveia though. He dominated Keith Jardine before gasing out, so hopefully he came in shape…plus octagon jitters for Reljic.
wwwwicked leg kicks from Goran! Nice straight left hand too. And no jitters it appears.
Ground and pound from Gouveia. Finish him……now! Doh! What the heck happened there? Ah, left to the temple. Thanks Joe Rogan!
Fight 2: Lyoto Machida vs. Tito Ortiz
- Machida, Unanimous Decision, 3, 5:00 (my prediction)
- Round 1: Machida 10-9 (my analysis)
- Round 2: Machida 10-9 (my analysis)
- Round 3: Ortiz 10-9 (my analysis)
- Machida 29, Ortiz 28 (my analysis)
- Machida 30, Ortiz 27, Unanimous Decision, 3, 5:00 (official results)
- My UFC 84 fight prediction record: 2-0
- My UFC 84 fight betting record 0-1
I’d like to see Tito win this fight. I bet on him, but I think he needs to fight a near perfect fight to win. Good start with Public Enemy’s “Fight the Power” intro music. As I said in my pre-fight analysis, if Tito can’t take Lyoto down he won’t win. Let’s see if he can get it done in Round 2.
Regardless of how technical and smart Machida’s fighting style is, it sucks to watch. He looks like Kalib Starnes with a counter punch. Yve Lavigne takes a dive to excite the crowd. Ooh, Tito almost had it with the triangle, but I have Machida winning 29-28. Fans booing Machida.
Well, I took a chance on Tito, and he almost pulled it off. $10 down the tubes. Thanks Tito! I’ll have to pull out some of Jenna’s movies for payback.
- BJ Penn leads pre-fight poll with 65%
- David Spade in the house with the mini-bar bottle of Jack Daniels.
It’s fight time…
Fight 1: Thiago Silva vs. Antonio Mendez
- Silva, TKO, 2, 2:00-2:59 (my prediction)
- Silva, Tapout due to Strikes, 1, 2:00-2:59 (official result)
- My UFC 84 fight prediction record: 1-0
Not a good start for Silva. He got dropped by an early head kick, but recovers nicely to take down, mount, then viciously ground-and-pound Mendez, forcing him to tap.
- The UFC 84 pre-fight show is on and I’m pumped to get this goin’. It’s a great fight card on paper, so let’s hope everybody comes to fight. Say what you want about Dana White and the UFC they do encourage the fighters to fight and anyone who doesn’t will get Kalibed.