UFC 103 Fight Card Is Jacked With Big Names
UFC 103 will be one of the best fight nights in history with all of the big name MMA fighters that are scheduled to face off on September 19, 2009. The MMA World has been anticipating the main event fight between Rich ‘The Ace’ Franklin and Vitor ‘The Phenom’ Belfort. Belfort is making his long awaited return to the octogon to face Rich Franklin, who is coming off a huge win over Wanderlei Silva, in a 195 pound catch weight bout. The rest of the UFC 103 fight card line up is finalized and it showcases a number of great fights.
A lot is on the line in the second biggest bout of the night, when Junior Dos Santos squares off with Mirko ‘Cro Cop’ Filipovic where fireworks should fly between these two feared strikers. Cro Cop, the veteran UFC fighter, is well known for his vicious striking and Junior Dos Santos is the up and comer one punch machine gun, coming off 2 KO victories with the later being an upset knock out of Fabricio Werdum. This should be an exciting fight based on the fact that one of them is getting knocked out and it might not leave the first round.
As a contender for the welterweight title belt, Martin Kampmann takes on Paul Daley to solidify his spot as the top contender for a title shot. Kampmann was originally set to fight Mike Swick for the number one contender spot but Swick had to pull out, and Daley was chosen to replace him. If Kampmann wins handily, then he should get a shot at GSP for the welterweight title.
The young wrestler Josh Koscheck looks to redeem himself in the UFC after losing his last fight to Paulo Thiago when he goes toe-to-toe with the veteran Ufc fighter Frank Trigg. Trigg is making his return to the UFC at the welterweight division and looks to continue his 4 fight win streak.
These all make for a very exciting night of fights and there are many more big fights left on the card such as Tyson Griffin V. Hermes Franca, and the undefeated Efrain Escudero V. Cole Miller. Find out more about the fights and find out who predicted winners are with this UFC 103 Analysis.
UFC 103 Video Preview
UFC 103 Main Fight Card
- Catchweight (195 lb) bout: Rich Franklin vs. Vitor Belfort
- Heavyweight bout: Mirko Filipovic vs. Junior dos Santos
- Welterweight bout: Martin Kampmann vs. Paul Daley
- Welterweight bout: Josh Koscheck vs. Frank Trigg
- Lightweight bout: Tyson Griffin vs. Hermes Franca
UFC 103 Preliminary Fight Card
- Lightweight bout: Efrain Escudero vs. Cole Miller
- Middleweight bout: Drew McFedries vs. Tomasz Drwal
- Lightweight bout: Jim Miller vs. Steve Lopez
- Lightweight bout: Rafaello Oliveira vs. Nik Lentz
- Welterweight bout: Rick Story vs. Brian Foster
- Light Heavyweight bout: Eliot Marshall vs. Jason Brilz
- Light Heavyweight bout: Vladimir Matyushenko vs. Igor Pokrajac
- Lightweight bout: Rob Emerson vs. Rafael dos Anjos